Sunday, January 18, 2009

Take it up a notch

The hectic scramble of sell in is over for the most part, I still have about 5 accts to show product and get some orders from but due to our tight timeline sometimes you have to just take them when you get them and move forward and double back later.

Running on the sell in had been ok until the Minnesota trip as the weather totally ripped into the running week. I was stuck in a blizzard on Monday, temps were -20 on tuesday, i ran 6m in chicago on wed, thurs it was -14, Friday was -17 and saturday i just said to hell with it as i had a late night doing order entry and battling with our servers going in and out.

Its ok though on the running front as i wanted a little down time before i tried to take it up a notch. Originally i did not want to do the Boston Marathon as I have been hurt for some time and just wanted to run consistently for a good period of time and get some legs back. My comeback is nothing like KK's and even at our best we had nothing in common on the running front as he was world class and I was admittedly an average D1 runner who got good for one year out of college before an accident put my running on an hold for what has been 5yrs now. Having a job that allows me to run and have a flexible schedule has made this all the more frustrating as i have the time to do it, am around supportive people and get to run in some of the best product out there every day and travel to world class events on the company time(--sidebar---shocked we have to pay for our Boston entry but whatever...) so i cant complain one bit.

Next week I'm going to attempt to take it up a notch by incorporating some doubles and get in a good tempo effort. This will likely be dependent on the weather and condition of running routes but im sure i can manage.

Unfortunately i still believe in my head this is what im capable of:


unfortunately this is where I'm at....having Meb of all people think I am the "other" Ryan Hall.




On the upcoming shows front I think I am going to see Frightened Rabbit Saturday at the Empty Bottle
www.myspace.com/frightenedrabbit

The previous day i am going to hit the bottom lounge to see my friends in the Prairie Cartel play which is always a festive time that should brighten up the dog days of winter. http://www.myspace.com/theprairiecartel

Thats all for now.

RH-- In a bit.

No comments: