Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Unsatisfied

Last time I dropped in i was sitting in a hotel room in Woodbury, MN preparing for a round of acct visits in the twin cities area. With the deadline looming days away and again having to tell buyers they had precious little time to prepare them and get them to me i was dreading this but yet again they were more than accomodating and willing to give me time and feedback that was both critical and praising yet honest.

The weather was supposed to be 0 to -20 without the windchill but there was no mention of snow. To wake up early and look outside to blizzard like conditions + a bitter cold was no good. I was scheduled to hit my last appt at 3pm for a run then some food before showing the line and when i showed up it was snowing harder than i had ever seen it years. When i asked if the run was still on the reply was "lets go get some drinks". This had me taken aback a bit but before i could answer there was a sign on the door that said "sorry, due to weather we are closing early". A nice little session of some beers, pub food and pulling product out of a bag with the buyers and employees insued for the next 8hrs....easily my longest showing ever.

Riding home i was glad the trip went well and despite the constant talk of the economy and how accts are wanting to play it close to the vest in 2009 i remained optimistic...its going to be a good 2009....be positive.

I'm home, finishing up a run in 7degree weather which wasnt bad but only 6miles. I dont want to slog around much more than that in the muck. At least it wasnt -30 since i wasnt in Mnpls anymore. That was the end of a good start to the day. Soon after i got a call that many of my friends and people who i work in the same industry with were let go and now looking for a new gig. One thing i kept thinking of is how many people think just because you work for a large company, you have an infinte amount of product, $$$, time to provide them and should do this without giving much in return.

I feel awful for my friend and fellow blogger but know he will likely land in a better position and be more apt to buy me pints very soon.

The feeling i have at the moment is that i can not wait until the snow melts, the sun comes out and it warms up and things will be much....much much better.

No comments: