Monday, November 17, 2008

Best Week Ever...since last July

Bring out the champaign as I had my biggest week since July. Unfortunately it totaled a paltry 49miles. Good news is that i made it all 7 days, managed a long run of 77min and nothing is broken...more so than it was before.

Today i was up at 530am to wobble out the door at 545am to knock out 6miles. I had an appt with my biggest retailer at 9am and was hoping to squeeze in a few more plus get the car ship shape to knock out 3-5000 miles in the next few months. New tires, wipers and an oil change took half a paycheck out of my pocket but it beats sitting on the side of the road during a blizzard in Minnesota at 2am. Trust me kids thats no fun.

After my long run saturday(77min)with Britton i was pretty spent and laid around the house and when not doing that i was hobbling to and from the fridge gulping down liquids. My hips and glutes were trashed, my foot throbbed and i was doubting being able to run the next day. I took the blue pill....two of them and much to my surprise i felt pretty good sunday and went for an easy jaunt around wrigley, a very comfy 6miler. During that time I finally gave a listen to Mercury Revs new record and have to say that its growing on me. Imagine Sigur Ros at the club singing in american/british accents with lotsa keyboards and there you have it.


I think its worth a listen. Madtown and Milwaukee tomorrow followed by more road warrior traveling in the next week should have some more music teviews and hopefully just as many running dailies.

Cheers

No comments: