Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Road Warriors and MickyD's Coffee

The last two days i have been up WAY before 6am. Once to run and today to hit the road to Madison. I was leary of this trip because i wasnt confident i would be able to get myself out the door to run once home after being in the car for 7hrs and there was no way in hell i was running at 4am.

I went to one of my favorite accounts and came away with a sweet old school t-shirt similar to this logo:


Not being a fan of tech shirts(which is probably a damnable offense) i have found myself collecting store shirts from what some may call "old school accounts". I also dont want to pay Urban Outfitters $65 for their knock off race t-shirts.

I digress...i moved on from Madison to Milwaukee for another appt that went very well(albeit no shirt) and then hammered home. Its spitting snow, dark and my blkbrry says i should anwser a few emails before i consider taking a jaunt. Then there is the matter of walking the dog. I quick trip around the block and hes happy, sending out some RA's and some accounts are happy. Now do i really want to run? I feel hungry despite eating 3hrs earlier and slamming some Mcdonalds coffee---which i kind of like, especially at 1$.

I made the 1st move to get dressed, a big step. I found my new whips:


And put on an old playlist while deleting Mercury Rev. I came across some songs that at first glance made me groan....that shit is so played. Here are some of the highlights:
1: Cracktown- Prairie Cartel. Campy and fun but it speaks the truth about hispter chicago.

2: Ice Cream- New Young Pony Club. This song makes me feel like Nuke in Bull Durham when hes deciding if wearing the garters makes him gay. Does liking this song make me gay?

3: Daft Punk is Playing....-LCD Soundsystem. Yeah I know, its not "all my friends" and its been played to death. Its still the shit.

4: Guilty- Assassins. its like an awesome Duran Duran B-side. That said they are kind of douches.

5: Jique- Brazillian Girls(PC remix). She makes me want to stab drug needles into my arms...i dont even know what that means.


6: Stars and Sons- Broken Social Scene. It makes me want to show Half Nelson to every girl that coos over ryan gosling in the Notebook.

1 comment:

Kelrock said...

Let me tell ya, I too prefer cotton to tech any day of the week except in winter. This fall, up until last week I only ran in cotton. I get some serious looks but my boss gave me a load of soft cotton retro t's and they have, or at least until it turned baltic, been my in my rotation of running clobber. I plan on checking out those tracks you listed.
Love Kel