Saturday, October 25, 2008

Back More Times Than the Who

One of the other main intentions of this blog is to entertain my legions of fans who tell me to try to make a comeback to competitve running, do drills, eat better....dont get fat and die soon.

I have worked within the running industry since 2004 and throughout those years have been in awful shape 2004-2005, good shape 2006 and again awful shape 2007- middle of 2008. My current shape is if i lined up to race would be a kickass fun runner. Dont believe that i was once a world beater as i was only what i would consider respectable but like all other before and after me i still hold onto the notion that if things come together i can still run some good races and set PR's....IF alot of things come together.

Of late I have been roped into races/events while in less than stellar shape and instead of being smart and continuing to log the miles i say what the hell, ill take a chance and hopefully come out without a scratch. The last time i said this was the Hood To Coast Relay and i got the dreaded Leg 1. A 6mile vertical drop downhill that left me unable or even wanting to run for a month. This news was followed by the suggestion/demand from work that we train for the Boston Marathon.

So while ignoring my coaches plan of tempo's, long runs diet....i have instead decided to follow my own plan. Simply put: Run everyday, dont get drunk as often, only 2 Wendy's triple stacks a week and lastly STAY HEALTHY.

So far there was a 27day streak that was broken after a long flight from LA and then just 2 more consecutive days after that.

Today--with the advent of the blog i will tell you i did my Wrigley Field 5mile loop and then sat down to eat a bowl of leftover Thai food. 2 beers in and contemplating doing a race or sleeping in. The halloween party shall be the decider.

I share with you this nuggett. Have a good night ladies and gents.



On the flipside~RH

2 comments:

Kelrock said...

Mr Hall,

Nice piece, and I like your idea of simplicity....its not far from what I am doing. I plan on running everyday rather than focus on getting in high miles etc....
Love the Oasis discussion and ultimately it comes down to the fact that I used to love Oasis, and you still do so its all good and there is positives. I would still go and watch them live. A little bit of Cigarettes and Alcohol in a packed field on the beers is always a good time. Are you coming to NYC???

Love Kel

Danny M said...

Do your drills while listening to the tunes. Core buddy, all about the core.

Didn't really laugh until the girls' hand came in. I think I know that profile though....let me guess....she went to EIU?!