Sunday, October 26, 2008

Charlie Brown Halloween

While waking up the past few weeks and trudging outside to walk the dog the weather has had that sharp chill and smell that says "today would be a great day to spike up and race xc with the boys..."


This morning was not much different as it seemed like a good day to maybe hit the lakefront for a long run but after last nights overindulgence of PBR and a dinner of poptarts I laid this plan to rest and worked on a new plan that included coffee and brunch. Smalls was my partner this morning...actually noon... and after tossing around some ideas and driving around aimlessly we decided on Schubas. I have been there many times for shows as its the best small music venue i may have ever gone to but have never sampled the brunch(http://schubas.com/Harmony+Grill/Harmony+Grill)


After coffee, oj, biscuits and gravy, bacon and grits i came home to again walk the dog and possibly nap but by this point it was 230pm and seeing as how i consider running every day a big accomplishment things such as rain, snow, wind and darkness can be a large deterrent. I finally suited up and did a light 6miles up around my old apartment and North Park University. It felt easy and there was not much pain in my foot. Its no better but no worse so ive just gotten used to feeling 70% on all my runs. 70% is the new 100%.


The one disappointment in this run was how it went from 60 and sunny at noon to 43 windy and rainy by 5pm. Tomorrow is a low of 30 with a chance of snow. I'm definately not ready for this and i know my foot wont handle slipping and sloshing around in the winter. This should make for excellent Boston preparation.


Some new purchases or music that is in heavy rotation is below:

National-out for some time but Boxer is simply the best thing ive gotten all year

Blitzen Trapper- havent given a full listen but i like it

Calexico(Carried to dust)- solid

Local H(12 Angry Months)- great breakup record plus good on the shuffle while running

The Teenagers- total shit


I also needed a book to read on the recent flights to ad from LA and i was somehow drawn to "I hope they serve beer in hell..." I will say i absolutely hate this guy but cant stop reading his lurid and debauched tales. You can save money on the book and go to his website as most of the tales are online + many more. http://www.tuckermax.com/


This is what i will leave you with from the Halloween Party from last night. Imagine getting locked out of your house wearing this costume.


4 comments:

Kelrock said...

Is that you in the pic?
When you say that the teenagers are total shit do you mean this is a positive, ie. The teenagers are the shit, or do you mean they are actually shit and not worth listening to? I love the track Starlett Johansson, it was on heavy Rotation last spring on my other final comeback.

Danny M said...

That's Ricky B. isn't it?

Ryan Hall said...

Thats totally Ricky B.

Keith-- Just not feeling the teenagers. I think it tries to be shocking. while i like the music i cant connect to the sleeze/glam lyrics. I think it tries to be slutty and shocking but comes off as juvenile. MGMT is better in my opinion. I saw the teenagers at a myspace show of all places. Singing about fucking a girl then leaving her to a bunch of hs kids didnt seem right.

Maps on the other hand---i like it. solid pick up.

Ricky said...

worst walk of shame ever