Wednesday, March 25, 2009

2loops

Last week I had my first real week of what i would consider training. Some hills, the track and then the long run. was hoping to do 2 loops at argonne labratory which would get me 19.6m and a good amount of hills.

we had a solid group of almost 10 people running together without pushing the pace which was nice. did the first 10m between 655-705p then picked it up until my 19th mile was 6:28. Finished by cutting down the last 5-6m which felt good but i was pretty spent. After staggering around the parking lot for a bit we journeyed into the suburbs for breakfast at some knock off chain rest. that served the biggest plats of food ive seen in a good while. It was wonderful except that i did motion over to kyle while riding in the back of Holland's new range rover that i thought i was going to get sick...held strong though.

I managed to NOT take proper care of myself and had someone tempt me with my vices which are basically picking up the tab and providing me company while i indulge in potent but tasty beverages. the next day it felt as if all mu muscles were knotted up.

Sunday was a light recovery run of 5miles then i napped until it was time to go see Primal Scream. Didnt know what exactly to expect but it was stellar. Each song was played like the last with great energy. It didnt hurt that we got passes and free drinks ...although it did hurt later that morning.

The week ended on 7 days with 66miles.

So far this week i have done easy miles although today was a tempo back at argonne. I did the same route fresh in July and went 24:10( i know i know i suck) but this time into a nasty headwind and not wanting to time trial like the last go round i ran 23:40 with ease. It was so easy i didnt repeat my puking from the summer. Once done i did some uphill/downhill reps on a short bunny hill.

My left hip/achilles and right hamstring have been bugging me since the long run so i need to take care of that.

In a bit.

No comments: