Thursday, March 5, 2009

Torn and Frayed

So its been far too long since ive posted an update and my 3 followers have probably left me to cruise Perez Hilton a few more times a day.

Last month i really got cruising. Chicago had a few weeks when it was just cold, light wind and no snow. Promising weather, times and workouts loomed brightly on the horizon. Sadly enough a very adorbale 17month old baby is what did me in. That lil tike gave me the worst sickness ive had in the past 5 years as i was laid up from sunday-thurs. The nickel i ate when i was 4yrs old finally passed and im pretty sure i also puked up a lung.

While on my death bed i did feel that i finally hit my running weight but unfrotunately i have spent the last few weeks trying to regain strength and get my legs back under me. 80min was becoming routine now i want to walk home after 40min. I feel exactly as i did my last year in track. Overtrained, tired, flat and just worn down. That year i worked myself into the best shape i had been in throughout college only to be beaten down by an insane practicum schedule and could never regroup and my SR year culminated in an embarrassing 8:58 3K at Illinois in a last chance meet. Awful thoughts of Boston have been creeping into my head....i wont lie.

so instead of getting some great training im road weary from work and only suffering on the crete for 45m a week. Far from mediocre and definately less than what its going to take to even run average at Boston.

On the music front I got a few new records of late. Ben Kweller, Stone Roses, Balun....

Below are the few that ive been listening to the most

Grandaddy


Hurricane #1


Neko Case

1 comment:

kyle said...

I picked up middle cyclone today, love it