Saturday, March 7, 2009

well, that wasnt what i was looking for...

From the tone of the last email you'd be hard pressed not to notice that i have been struggling something mightily with my running over the past few weeks.

Friday marked my first workout since last summer before Hood To Coast but i was pretty optimistic since i have been running consistently since november and while feeling bad lately figured i would still get the results i was hoping for.

I set reasonable goals going in, 4xmile in 530 with 2min rest. This should of been easy, more of a tempo effort. I did the first mile in 5:36 and it was ok, a little slow but it was the first one. Still, in the back of my head i was embarrased by this. The next one was 5:30 but the last lap hurt. Not a stinging "this is fast" but more of a flat this is all i have got today kind of feel. My upper body seemed to be twisting too much, breathing was labored.....bla bla bla. It didnt feel good.

Started the next one and came through in 240 and just pulled off. Yeah, i pussied out but something just isnt right. My HR was 190 after the rep. waited 2min and did another that felt better but i think only because it was the last one.

Many reasons come to mind, i havent been under 6:00p since summer, probably still feeling the after effects of the flu, not mentally tough enough to do workouts on the track alone at this point, diet is awful and ive been on the road selling in.....the list goes on and on.

I talked to my yoda in San Diego and he basically said listen, your not 22 anymore and its time you start taking care of yourself. He advised getting a physical for the first time since hs, getting an iron supplement and buying a crock pot to cook for myself. I also thought that its high time to get serious about the core work. I relayed these back to my good friend in San Francisco and he says he is going through the same thing and by god, we are going to make some changes.

Fast forward 6-8hrs and im talking to him on the phone after going to the grocery store and buying some Cuervo and sitting in line at the Wendy's drive through as he was at In-Out Burger.

As for the consumption yesterday is goes as:
breakfast: venti white mocha and glazed donut
Lunch: 2 bowls of cocoa pebbles
Dinner: wendys chicken sandwhich and biggie fries with large coke and 3 shots of tequilla added.

Now i sit here on saturday watching balls of fury despite it being awful but holy jeez the asian woman is beautiful and hope to find one like her at the ebony event.

Below is a video of my dog sitter, liams girlfriend, my old teammate/roommate and the author of an album i cant get enough of lately

No comments: