Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Boston recap...woops

So it comes to my attention i didnt do a boston recap so heres goes a short synopsis. I left you as i did my boston test route that went pretty awful by my standards. Once in beantown i tried to stay rested, lay off the beer and eat somewhat healthy but thats hard to do when you are there for work and have to entertain your account base.

race day came and i felt pretty good and alert on the drive over. I had a good spot and didnt have to weave in and out the first mile or so and actually got passed by loads of people. Myself, travis jones and alex white ran together thru the 1/2 string 6:30's which did not feel as smooth and easy as i thought. At 11m my knee/IT band was clicking so i pulled over and gave a quick few stretches which solved the problem while only losing 30sec or so. I hit the half around 1:25:30 but this felt like more work than it should have and as i figured my quads felt like they were getting dinged up.

Reality hit that the hills were going to kick my head in very early as we turned into the wind/hill at 16 i went from 640p to a 730p or so. That hurt. I was caught by Ryan Price but passed him as we came out of the hills. I got smooth once again but was moving slowly, 7:teens and such. At 22m i had the goal of running 2:55 which seemed fine if i could just roll in at 7:20p. I tossed my hat and immediately regretted it as i believe i started to become hypothermic as it got colder the closer we got to boston. Long story is that my last 2.2m took 21min and my last 1.2 was over 13 so i was in the hurt shop something fierce. Walking up Boylston in my adizero kit was embarrassing but at least Price and i did it together.

Final time of 3:02 which was incredibly unsatisfying. Last one on the roads. Im very glad about that.

No comments: