Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Chin Up Kid

Week two has started off solid and I am getting antsy so to keep from being complacent I have planned on some races to at the very least give me some solid tempo efforts. I have officially signed up for the Trick or Treat 10k and am thinking of the Hot Chocolate 15K. Some have asked why i dont do a 5k but i dont think i would get enough out of running mediocre for 17min at this point in my non-career of running.

Diet still holds with chicken ceasar salads, soup and sereal(had to keep the 3 s's theme) this week but i need to hydrate better. I have also been off of the coffee which if nothing else will save me $50 a week.

Monday was a pretty awful 41min run around bucktown + a small add on around roscoe village at 830am. Tuesday i met with Baumer and rolled about 46min nice and easy but i was getting the feeling i had to do a workout of some sort so i didnt get into the rut of shuffling everyday and to keep the boredom at bay.

This morning at 830am, 40 degrees and misting i ran to Horner Park with Baum who stepped up and ran a suprisingly good workout on the grass, or XC style as he called it. Essentially a 20min wu, 6x 2min on and 2min off then a 20min cooldown. Total time for me was 61 min but with the slow jogging it was probably only 8.5 or so miles.

My good friends also have a new record out and its pretty tasty. This video comes from an award winning Japanese director and i honestly have no clue what the theme is but supposedly its political. The oppression of bears or something...i dont know. All i know is thats its a tight jam. Enjoy.



Until the next time.

No comments: